M98 Zoeller Automatic 98 Cast Iron Series Submersible Pump
Effluent or dewatering submersible pump for septic tank, low pressure pipe (LPP) and enhanced flow STEP systems.
- Non-clogging engineered plastic vortex impeller design.
- Corrosion resistant powder coated epoxy finish.
- Durable cast construction.
- Cast switch case, motor, pump housing and base.
- No sheet metal parts to rust or corrode.
- Castings - All cast iron class 25-30 25000# tensile strength.
- Stainless steel screws, guard, handle, arm and seal assembly.
- Float operated submersible (NEMA 6) 2-pole mechanical switch.
- Motor - Permanent split capacitor, 60 Hz, 1725 RPM, oil-filled, hermetically sealed, automatic reset thermal overload protection.
- Bearings - Upper & lower oil fed cast iron.
- Carbon and ceramic shaft seal.
- Entire unit pressure tested after assembly.
- Watertight neoprene "O" ring between motor and pump housing.
- Maximum temperature for effluent or dewatering 130° - 54°C.
- Passes ½ inch spherical solids.
- No screens to clog.
- Standard cord length 15 ft. (UL Listed).
- 1½" NPT Discharge (1½" X 2" PVC Adapter included with BN & BE Models).
- On point - 9½"
- Off point - 3"
- Major width - 10 1/8"
- Height - 12"
Consult Factory for Special Applications
- Electrical alternators for duplex systems are available and supplied with an alarm
- Mechanical alternators for duplex systems are available with or without alarm switches
- Variable level float switches are available for controlling single and three phase systems
- Double piggyback, variable level float switches are available for variable level long cycle controls
- Refer to FM1922 and FM0806 for temperatures above 130° F (54° C)
Zoeller M98 Dimensions
Zoeller M53 Performance Chart
1. Epoxy coating
Baked on powder-coated epoxy finish prevents pump body corrosion
Sealed water resistant cord with grounded plug for safe operation. UL Listed 3-wire plug or UK plug; 15 ft. (5 m) standard cord length. Consult factory for longer available lengths.
3. Switch guard & handle
Stainless steel hardware (screws, switch arm, guard and handle) for maximum corrosion resistance.
1 1/2" (38 mm) NPT discharge meets commercial code requirements.
5. Cast Iron
Heavy-duty cast iron housing dissipates motor heat for long life.
4-pole motor. 1725 RPM, oil-filled, hermetically sealed. Built-in automatic overload protects motor from overheating. Also available in 50 Hz.
7. Automatic switch & switch guard
Float operated submersible (NEMA 6) 2-pole mechanical switch and variable level long cycle systems available. Vertical space saving switch design is factory tested for reliability. Switch guard design protects float from foreign pit obstructions.
Bottom suction vortex impeller design helps prevent clogging. Engineered, glass-filled, plastic impeller with metal insert.
9. Shaft seal
Carbon & ceramic shaft seal protects against heat and oil leak failures
Solid bouyant polypropylene float for reliable on-off operation
Upper and lower bearings for quiet, smooth operation